Title: Housing Specialist
Reports to: Director of Adult Services
Provide case management and housing advocacy for all participants. Assist with the housing search and application process. Make referrals to appropriate agencies and programs. Provide educational programs to program participants. Work collaboratively with facility staff to ensure the facilities are well maintained and meet all applicable standards, regulations and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist participants with applications to housing agencies and housing programs.
- Provide case management and housing search (monitor, tracking, follow up).
- Establish linkages and act as liaison to housing agencies and programs.
- Develop and facilitate housing related workshops with participants.
- Educate Participants on eligibility, housing, availability, client rights, Credit/CORI.
- Assist participants in permanent housing with landlord tenant issues.
- Submit annual reports to Boston Housing Authority (BHA) and other housing agencies and funders (FHLB, etc.).
- Data tracking, reporting and analysis of outcome measures.
- Interface with and coordinate services with involved service providers (internal and external).
- Attend Case Conference meetings.
- Assist with management for Brookview House facilities including conducting unit inspections, coordinating preventative, routine and emergency maintenance needs (within the approved budget), conducting inventory and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24 hour on-call system
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates with a minimum of three years relevant experience preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Must be familiar with the impact of homelessness, substance abuse, and domestic violence issues.
- Experience working with and advocating for low-income families.
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in advocacy and mediation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to quickly become proficient with other software programs including database software.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be available to participate in 24 hour on-call system.
- Must have driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Brookview House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Brookview seeks an energetic team player with experience leading a small shop. The Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for planning, managing and implementing activities that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support for Brookview and its affiliates from individuals, corporations, foundations and public funders. In this role, the Director of Institutional Advancement identifies, develops and cultivates relationships with all donors. They are responsible for forecasting, researching and writing grant proposals, conceptualizing and implementing campaigns, and for developing appropriate strategies to meet annual goals. Coordinate special campaigns, direct mailings and oversee data entry and manage CRM databases. Assist with all publicity and marketing efforts to advance organizational visibility, including events planning and promotion. They work closely within a team of highly committed professionals in enhancing programming and in developing new program initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, social/human services or related field.
- Five years minimum of demonstrated success in planning, managing, implementing and securing funds.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong administrative, organizational skills and attentive to details.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
- Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Experience with evaluation, data collection and analysis.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with a diverse population.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Send resumes to: CareerOpportunities@BrookviewHouse.org
Title: Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Brookview seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant to manage our front office. The qualified candidate must have strong communication skills, a deep understanding of office technology and the ability to work successfully with a variety of individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and greets agency visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, sending emails, copying, scanning, and receiving and sorting of agency mail.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Assists in preparing invoices
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
- High School diploma or education equivalent required
- 2+ years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
Send resumes to: CareerOpportunities@brookviewhouse.org or Brookview House, 2 Brookview Street Dorchester, MA 02124