Title: Housing Specialist
Reports to: Director of Adult Services
Provide case management and housing advocacy for all participants. Assist with the housing search and application process. Make referrals to appropriate agencies and programs. Provide educational programs to program participants. Work collaboratively with facility staff to ensure the facilities are well maintained and meet all applicable standards, regulations and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist participants with applications to housing agencies and housing programs.
- Provide case management and housing search (monitor, tracking, follow up).
- Establish linkages and act as liaison to housing agencies and programs.
- Develop and facilitate housing related workshops with participants.
- Educate Participants on eligibility, housing, availability, client rights, Credit/CORI.
- Assist participants in permanent housing with landlord tenant issues.
- Submit annual reports to Boston Housing Authority (BHA) and other housing agencies and funders (FHLB, etc.).
- Data tracking, reporting and analysis of outcome measures.
- Interface with and coordinate services with involved service providers (internal and external).
- Attend Case Conference meetings.
- Assist with management for Brookview House facilities including conducting unit inspections, coordinating preventative, routine and emergency maintenance needs (within the approved budget), conducting inventory and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24 hour on-call system
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates with a minimum of three years relevant experience preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Must be familiar with the impact of homelessness, substance abuse, and domestic violence issues.
- Experience working with and advocating for low-income families.
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in advocacy and mediation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to quickly become proficient with other software programs including database software.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be available to participate in 24 hour on-call system.
- Must have driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Brookview House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Career Opportunity – Teen Coordinator (Full Time)
The mission of Brookview House is to help families experiencing homelessness to develop the skills and attitude necessary to break the generational cycle of homelessness and poverty.
- Assists with developing service plans in conjunction with all involved service providers, including schools.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Teen Programs.
- Provides direct services to program participants.
Plans and implements educational, vocational, social, recreational, athletic and cultural activities that relates to the goals of the youth and the program.
- Implements program curriculum in youth programs, in the community and in the schools.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and leading workshops and gender-specific groups.
- Conducts need assessments of the community and youth to formulate a plan of activities that relates to the program’s goals.
- Becomes involved in community activities and groups that are appropriate and beneficial for the program participants.
- Provides extensive outreach to recruit program participants.
- Provides training and supervision to program participants.
- Acts as advocate for all program participants and coordinates services with their families and with involved service providers including, but not limited to, schools, DCF and the juvenile justice system. Provides referrals as needed.
- Provides extensive outreach to ensure that program participants remain actively engaged in the program.
- Participates in the development and implementation of outcome measures and completes reports as assigned.
- Proficiency in MS Office and interest in becoming proficient with other software programs is a plus
- Collect, enter and report required data.
- Assists the Youth Director with the development of new program components as required.
- Works with a team approach to servicing program participants in a multi-service agency.
- Ability to work evenings and some Saturdays
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Adolescent Development, Social Work or related field
- Minimum of three years experience working with high-risk teens
- Knowledge of community resources in Boston as they pertain to youth social and educational development including the school system, DCF, and juvenile justice system.
- Demonstrated program development skills
- Must be highly organized, flexible and resourceful
- High energy level and ability to work independently and enjoys being part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle required
Title: Development Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
The marketing assistant supports the work of marketing managers and executives on projects directed at maximizing Brookview’s visibility and developing sales strategies or marketing campaigns. Associate is responsible for all administrative aspects of development, marketing and public relations activities at Brookview House. S/he h plays a key role in coordinating and organizing all related activities and providing administrative and logistical support to the Chief Development Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Providing support to the Chief Development Officer including scheduling meetings, attending meetings, making telephone calls / emails; preparing agendas and meeting minutes, etc.
- Preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Maintaining accurate comprehensive databases for grants, donors, potential donors, volunteers and events; producing assigned reports
- Assistance with the volunteer program
- Conducting and managing a strategic grant research and analysis process to identify prospective funding opportunities
- Producing well-written summaries of current and prospective public / private funders and partners
- Conducting research for funding proposals and marketing activities
- Producing and updating calendars to include proposal deadlines, reporting due dates, grant requirements, site visits, events and other relevant activities and communicating this information to relevant staff in a timely manner
- Producing well-written grant reports
- Preparing media materials and donor events and meetings
- Coordinating and assisting with all aspects of appeals and events
- Coordinating and preparing for site visits
- Participating in the agency and program evaluation process including tracking and measuring outcomes
Bachelor’s Degree preferred and relevant experience required. Excellent research, writing and critical thinking skills, with the ability to comprehend and synthesize information across multiple sources. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively, manage details across multiple projects, and consistently meet deadlines. Proficient in MS Office and ability to quickly become proficient with other software programs including databases.
Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed. Must be fluent in English. Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Send resumes to: CareerOpportunities@brookviewhouse.org or Brookview House, 2 Brookview Street Dorchester, MA 02124